November 15 2014
After picking the ideal hotel in Johor Bahru, Malaysia for your trip, what places and local attractions should you see during your visit? These 5 popular landmarks will make any holiday in the Malaysian city an educational yet fun experience, giving you lots of things to tell about when you get back home.
1) Sultan Abu Bakar Palace Museum & Mosque. Built in 1866 and formerly the royal abode of the Sultan of Johor, this majestic building is now a first-rate museum. It houses precious relics composed of royal heirlooms and other priceless items of the state's royal family.
2) Hutan Bandar Recreational Park. Spanning 32 acres, this park is great if you're looking to escape the urban jungle and get out of your hotel accommodation in Johor Bahru with your family. It has a children's playground, jogging tracks, and even an outdoor swimming pool. It provides the space you need so you can enjoy a bevy of recreational activities while being surrounded by lush greenery. It also houses an Orchid Park featuring more than 200 species from Taiwan, Indonesia, and South Africa.
3) Johor Zoo. Founded in 1928 and was said to be the first zoo in Asia at the time, this establishment is another ideal family-friendly destination. A wide variety of animals calls it home; from flamingos to lions, elephants to crocodiles.
4) Johor Art Gallery. The exhibits at this gallery provide a fascinating glimpse into Malay culture. The collection of artworks and artifacts cover a vast range that includes ancient weapons, currency, clothing, ceramics, manuscripts, and calligraphy. The 2-storey building itself is quite interesting to look at, featuring colonial influences in its design and architecture while still maintaining a traditional Malay flair.
5) Stulang Laut Beach. The place to head off to if you're looking to enjoy the summer weather in the city. Aside from providing equipment for watersports such as windsurfing, the area is also famous for being conveniently within walking distance of the Duty Free Zone. If you plan to go bargain shopping here, it would be wise to stay at a hotel that is strategically close as well, so you won't have trouble lugging your purchases back to your room.
And for transport to Johor Bahru services, we recommend safe, fast, and comfortable chauffeured vans such as JohorTransport.com.
Pelayo, J. (2011, December 13). 5 Attractions to See in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Retrieved November 15, 2014, from http://ezinearticles.com/?5-Attractions-to-See-in-Johor-Bahru,-Malaysia&id=6754231