This post was reposted from a source now unavailable.
It is not right to assume that nothing will go wrong when you hire a makeup artist. Brisbane, for one has lots of these artists who offer makeup for weddings and other important occasions. Some things will definitely go wrong when hiring a makeup artist. All of these have you as the culprit for the mistakes. Therefore, you should seriously look into certain considerations to avoid committing mistakes. These are as follows:
1. Scheduling. Searching for a makeup artist should be done way ahead of the occasion. Some people have the impression that due to a large number of makeup artists in an area, one can easily find one at the click of their fingers. It is not always the case. Very often, one will have the misfortune of contracting the most available at the time of need and chances are, the services rendered will be less desirable; smudges here and there.
2. Accommodation. When the occasion takes place in an exclusive area, one needs to be considerate to the chosen makeup artist. First, entry should be dealt with properly. The makeup professional should not be held up at the gate waiting for your confirmation for her or him to enter. Second, transportation should be provided if the site is too far. Third, provision for room and food should be included if there is a need to stay overnight. These are just examples of accommodation that should be considered when hiring a makeup artist.
2. Behavior. It pays to be nice. One should not look down on makeup artists. They are humans with have feelings too and can also be vengeful at times. They will surely spoil your makeup if you behave negatively towards them. A simple ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ will do. You do not have to shout at them to raise a point. In fact, simply chatting with them may help you get good makeup and other extra services.
3. Clarity of Service. Sometimes we limit our attention to the explicit. Some people do not clarify on the hidden aspect of the services included with makeup. It is only when the work has been completed when one realises that there are still things to be done such as post wedding makeup, extra person makeup, using own makeup and a host of other things to consider.
4. Preparation. Makeup artists are not magicians in the real sense of the word. They are not fairy godmothers either that they can wave their wand and presto! You got the look that you want. Do try to prepare yourself for the big day. A good rest, a day at the spa, and eating well will help you give the radiant look during your most important event. Makeup should highlight your features and not hide your natural beauty with excessive makeup colors.
These considerations are too trivial but because of excitement one tends to forget them when hiring a makeup artist. Brisbane is a good place to hold important occasions and looking good is your own responsibility. Thus, take note of these to make your occasion more memorable.